Larry Keith, KQ4BY wrote::

"Has anyone used a CW Reader and/or CW keyboard with the K1?  I would be
interested in hearing about your experiences.."

I've used one of K1EL's K20 keyers with my K2.  Its an interesting kit with two
PIC's and an EEPROM chip.  One PIC is the keyer, one PIC is the keyboard
interface, and the EEPROM chip saves all your current parameters and messages.
The keyboard is used to control the keyer and can also be used to send CW from
the keyboard if you are tired of using your paddles.  The K2 was set up to
accept straight key input, so it should also work with your K1.  For me, it was
an interesting kit project for under $30.  The web site www.k1el.com indicates
that he is currently out of K20 kits, but he has responded to demand with
additional kits in the past.

The usual disclaimers apply.  I'm just a satisfied cuatomer.

73, Doug, VE3MCF