Wayne, please take note.  The KX1 pretty much defines the "little"  end. Now
how about a K3 with which to define the "big" end?  I suggest a  more
ergonomic transceiver than the K2, covering contesters and DXers  specific
needs
rather than backpacker's. Why not put to the list the  question "what would be
desirable in a K3?"

Bill  K3UJ

>Yeah, that's if you're comparing the "base" K2 - when you add all  the
options, like I have, it's upwards of $1600+ for a tricked out K2 - and  it
still has mediocre knobs and I still had to jury rig a circuit for  fixed
audio out - on a $1600 radio!
The K2 is a great performing radio -  but for those of us who don't care
about low current drain/portability it's  small size and mini-ergonomics
leave a bit to be desired.

Rick  WQ8Q