Gurus,
          I am in the Alignment Procedure Part I on the 144 MHz Transverter
(page 59).  After the unit has been on for an hour or more, the voltage reading
on TP1--testing the local oscillator voltage--varies between 0.002 and 1.642
vdc.
        When I first turn the unit on using the K2, the voltage is a steady
1.642 vdc and the RF output of the Transverter can be set to a steady 20 watts.
 But after the unit has been on for a while the voltage on the oscillator
begins to vary and the RF output of the Transverter varies with it.
         The oscillator seems to be going in and out of oscillation.  What
would be causing this?  A failed crystal?  A part in the oscillator circuit?
Will it settle down when I tune the inductors?  Clearly I need some help and
suggestion.  The crystal is in a crystal oven and the jumper on JP9 is over
pins 4-5.
                                  Thanks,
                                               Roger K8RS K2/100 #3478