  From: Trent - N7GMT<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net<mailto:elecraft@mailman.qth.net> ;
Robert<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 12:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Anderson Connectors ARES Standard

  Exactly "correct":

  Red on LEFT looking *into* the connectors (from the pluggable side), or
  Red on RIGHT looking down the wire *at* the connectors.

  Tonuge down in either case.

  These are known as California Reverse Anderson Polarity compliant ARES
  connectors (since CA chose to use <ahem> a "different" configuration for
  Anderson Powerpoles for their ARES connectors, than had previously been
  chosen -- and implemented many years earlier -- other ARES groups in
  other states.  CA is bigger, and bigger aparently rules, I guess.)