At 6/29/2004 04:32 PM, Paul wrote:

Reflector members,

In Dayton while talking with the people at the booth - It was brought up that when using the K2/100 with an external amplifier that one setting in the menu should be set for use with it. I do believe that it was the T-R setting. Does anyone know what that menu selection should read when using the K2 with and external amplifier?

Paul
3479

Depends on the amp and the keying speed, but I have found that for about 20 WPM a T-R setting about 30 is fine. I usually go down to a T-R setting about 20 for 30 WPM. Depending on the amplifier, you may need to use a "relay accelerator" circuit to force the amp's t/r relay to close fast enough to avoid the KPA-100 shutting down.

73    Hank    K8DD