  From: Tom Hammond<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: M. Hendricks<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ;
elecraft@mailman.qth.net<mailto:elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
  Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 8:21 AM
  Subject: [Elecraft] Re: K2 amplifier keying circuit PCB?

  Hi Mike:

  >I happened to find the K2 amplifier keying circuit
  >partial mod kit on Elecraft's site.  The write up
  >mentions, at the  bottom, that you might be putting
  >together a small PCB for this circuit.  Do you have
  >any of the PCB's available for sale?  If so, can you
  >email me the details?

  I'm replying to you directly AND via the because I've received several
  recent similar queries from Elecraft reflector members as well.

  That article on the Elecraft web site really needs to be REMOVED because
  it's no longer accurate. I wrote it WAY BACK before Wayne came up with the
  8R line T-R keying feature for the K2. It used a different keying line
  which did NOT pre-key the T-R line and which would not be nearly as
  satisfactory as using the 8R line keying.

  I never got into making the PC boards available... the 8r Line keying
  became available soon after I posted my original article and one of the
  reflector members had a small run of keying boards made up to use the 8R
  line, so I put my article on hold at that time.

  I believe that Elecraft MIGHT be offering a set of parts (only, no PC
  board) to allow you to connect to the 8R line in a 'basic' K2, to provide
  amplifier T-R keying, but it's neither an 'official' Elecraft mod, nor an
  'official' Elecraft kit. And... I may be way off base here... they may
  offer nothing along this line. I've sent a couple other folks to Elecraft
  with this request and no one has ever replied to me that they did or did
  not obtain what they needed from Elecraft.

  Someone really needs to come up with a stand-alone T-R line keying
  circuit,using the basic K2. I should have done it long ago, but figgered
  someone else would do it. I KNOW there are a number of folks using such a
  device.

  73,

  Tom   N0SS

    Help: