Gil:

At 03:34 PM 7/26/04, you wrote:
Hi, Jim. I've had one of these units for a little over a couple of years and find it to be very sufficient for my needs such as the updates to the Elecraft K2/100 etc. Also the other mods as I have deemed fit to install. Even backed some of them out.I have not had any experience with any other similar piece of equipment however. Except for using desoldering braid and the old solder sucker and soldering iron bit. Hope this helps Gil K8EAG

Please tell the reflector more about this device.

I (and several others) have previously expounded upon the benefits of the Hakko 808 desoldering gun, and I've repeatedly asked the reflector if anyone had any experience with the Xytronic, but to no avail.

We need to be aware of other options available to us, so please take a little time and give us a better write-up on the Xytronic desoldering gun... it looks pretty nifty.

Please consider including info on how well it works on double-sided (plated-thru hole) boards, how easy it is to clean out, whether it's prone to clogging, and if so how easy is it to clean out, what size tips are available for it, what maintenance is required (regularly and.or periodically), things the user will want to now ahead of time, rather than when it's too late.

And, of course, IF there are others of you out there who have used this device, PLEASE take the time to offer your comments to the reflector as well.

Thanks,

Tom Hammond    N0SS