Gregg,

I would suggest looking carefully in the IF filter area.  You found one bad
solder joint, so another one is quite likely.  The last one I worked on with
similar problems had a bad solder joint on the SSB board at one of the 3 pin
headers - which reduced the signal getting to the IF amplifier a LOT.
Remove the SSB board and put jumpers into the 3 pin headers (jumper from
pins 1 to 3) and see if it comes to life again - if so, the problem is on
the SSB board.

73,
Don W3FPR