Hi Guys:

I had my K2 (S/N 2528) opened up to replace the thermal pads on Q7 and Q8.
This was in the aftermath of installing the KPA100 option.  Everything
worked fine for a few weeks after installing the KPA100, but I needed to
change out the pads as the old ones had gotten "threadbare".  I am pretty
sure I didn't have this problem before I did that, but I am not 100%
positive.

Suddenly, I have birdies all over the place, on almost every band, and
spaced out across the bands.  The birdie is clearly associated with the KIO2
interface that is part of the KPA100.  When I unplug the digital cable
either from the PC or from the back of the K-2, the birdies disappear.
However, I still have the birdies even if I shut down the PC, another PC in
the shack, and both monitors.  I have them when I move to battery power.  I
have tried shutting down everything in the area, with no change.

I tried placing rf suppressing toroids and split rings on the line to the PC
with no effect.  I have changed COM ports with no success.  Unplugging the
KAT100 makes no difference.

The birdies are at times steady and at times pulsating --- whoop whoop whoop
--- about 2 per second.  The pattern can change based on what I am doing on
the PC.  But, the birdies are there with the PC totally shut down, monitor
as well.  It acts like the KIO2 (the one that is built into the KPA100 is
generating it's own oscillations, but only with the control cable connected.

The configuration of my K2:

KPA100
KAT100
KNB2