I like my FT 900 knob (see my website www.qsl.net/w3fpr), but this is the
one that needs the added 'drag' pad thickness, and has no depression for a
'finger-dimple'.

I have seen the rubber tire from the Yaesu FT-900 knob placed aroung the
stock K2 knob - it takes a wee bit of stretch, but it fits, and looks good.
That also would have solved my real problem which is irritation of my thumb
from the rather sharp front corner of the stock K2 knob - I just don't use a
finger dimple even if it is available, each to his own.

73,
Don W3FPR