Kevin, KD5ONS, ECN Guru made the remark in one of his
ECN eMail announcments that the 'Pesky' KX1's always
seem to get thru when the K1's and K2's can't and there
must be an EleCraft secret behind this.
T H E R E   I S !
It's the fabled RF Hyper Wavefront Accelerator Circuit that
has been kept secret for over 60 years. EleCraft uses this
circuit in the KX1's final.
Discovered during the Manhatten Project of WWII, this
RF circuit accelerates RF electrons past the speed of light.
Normal wattmeters can only detect 1/100 of the RF as it
speeds past. Therefore, when the wattmeter is reading
5 watts, it's actually 500 watts!
Small antennas such as Slinky dipoles, HamSticks,
Quads(that's another whole subject)  have been known
to catch on fire or explode as the RF electrons pile
up while waiting to radiate.
It's still a mystery how EleCraft acquired this circuit as the
Dept of Defense requires a 'Burn Before Reading' clearance
for access.
So, KX1 owners, keep your antennas waxed and fire hoses
standing by while checking into the ECN and keep the power
down to a couple hundred watts...
73,  Art  W6KY    K1-2  K1-4
(Now, if I can just get my tongue outta my cheek)