Snip

Bad news. Very sorry indeed.

I agree with Ron about strain relief when using trees. A MUST in my
opinion.
Here I have a rope catenary up about 80 feet and about 200ft long, one end
to a pine tree - the other to a hardwood. Both dance in the 100 mph winds
we
get at times, nothing like your winds. The rope is 6mm triple braided
ultraviolet resistant for marine use. The pulleys also for marine use
(sheets) with ball bearings and of the ENCLOSED type so that the chance of
flying twig jamming a pulley is much reduced. I had this happen years ago
when using "open" pulleys. My counterweight is like Ron's but low tech.
Don't have the bucket yet.

Good luck and 73,

Geoff    GM4ESD

Snip

Geoff, how did you get a fixing on the tree at 80 feet! I have a poplar
tree here at about 60 feet high but only got a fixing at 30 feet. I lost my
bottle to climb any higher hi.

Martin
M0KWV
K1 # 1534

Why not take a look at our Web site?
http://www.simoncarves.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this email is not the intended addressee, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee,
me by telephone or email and delete all copies immediately.