Use a basically similar method of rubber tie down straps here. Sent  this in
reply off the reflector:

I use some heavy duty luggage elastic ties to provide for the movement of
the supporting 50ft fir tree on my 40/80 trap dipole. Have the antenna centred
over the house with a fiberglass pole on one of the chimney stacks to support
the dipole centre. OK at the rear of the house with the garage as a support,
but  had to use a tree as the support at the front. Took the antenna end
supports down after two years for inspection and were still OK. Will recheck
after another couple of years.

Presume the same type of ties are available in the USA. These are three  feet
long with a plastic covered steel hook on each end. I closed the hooks to
form an eyelet at each end. Works for me though we do not get much in the
hurricane line in the UK normally.

Regards,
Bob, G3VVT
K2 #4168