Hi Folks:

Although I've been making and selling two different designs of LED CW Tuning Indicator (both the KR5L and K6XX designs) for several years, I've never installed one myself, so I have little experience along that line.

I'd appreciate hearing from those of you who HAVE installed one of these devices, and more specifically those of you who have implemented use of the right-most (10th) LED of the K2's 10-segment LED S-meter as the tuning indicator LED.

From looking at the schematic, and the PC board layout, it appears that such an implementation should only require that the indicator PC board be grounded and that the LED line (pin 8 of the NE567 in the KR5L implementation, and pin 5 of the XR-2211 of the K6XX design) from the decoder be connected to pin 20 of the LED array. I'd greatly appreciate a confirmation on this wiring 'theory' before I attempt to draw up a set of installation docs.

Also, please indicate where you went to connect to the AF output of the K2 and whether you made any attempt to obtain a fixed-level output to drive the tuning indicator.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS