I'm considering a K2/100, but I have a question about serviceability. I'm
assuming because it's a kit with no SMT parts that everything is accessible for
trouble-shooting. Is this true? Can you reach all of the important rf component
pins from the top with a scope probe while the rig is operating?

I ask this because my TS-850S currently has a receiver problem, and most of the
rf path parts are SMT and on the bottom of the board, where they can't be
probed while the rig is functional... I'm really bummed about it. It's going to
be a major pain in the a** to fix.

My favorite rig I ever had for service was a Drake TR-7, but I don't think any
current radios use the kind of construction it did. The K2 looks like my best
bet for service in a modern rig. What do you guys say?

ALso, are there any features I will really miss compared to my TS-850S?

73,
Larry N8LP

---