Folks:

For your info, and the benefot of others who might be eventually installing one of the CW Tuning Indicators in their K2, here's a note from Vic (K2VCO) which you should read and heed!
73,

Tom   N0SS
---------------------

Tom Hammond wrote:

A question has been raised which I cannot (yet) answer. Though I hope to be able to answer it soon...

If you installed the CW Tuning Indicator PC board in a fully-appointed K2 (KPA100,KSB2/KNB2/KDSP2), WHERE did you wind up placing it?

I had one installed some time ago (the original KR5L circuit), and I want to mention where NOT to put it: Absolutely DO NOT put it near the plug for the counter probe!

I had mine attached with double-sided tape on the side panel (this was before I had the DSP, so it probably wouldn't fit there now).

Harmonics of the square-wave oscillator in the chip were picked up by the counter circuit, which made the readings jump all over the place when I tried to do CAL FIL.

I went absolutely NUTS before figuring out what the problem was.

So, assuming that you can find a place to put it, check to make sure that it doesn't cause RFI to anything.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco