On Sep 21, 2004, at 8:15 AM, Tom Hammond wrote:

Mike:

At 09:49 AM 9/21/04, Mike S wrote:
At 10:38 AM 9/21/2004, Tom Hammond wrote...
>One problem I've immediately encountered is that the SMD device (from NJM) is listed as a DMP14 package for which I can find NO footprint information at all.

http://www.njr.co.jp/pdf/ae/ae01004.pdf

Oh, for crying out loud!!! I look ed for that darn thing for oven an HOUR this morning and cou;dn't find a thing!

Yeah, yeah, we heard it before. You just forgot to drink your coffee this morning...

It's fun to hassle Tom - he is such a great guy!

For everyone else watching this thread, the chip Tom is looking at was originally created by Exar as the XR2211, and is still available from them in both 14 pin DIP and SOIC packages. The SOIC package is a surface-mount part with 0.05" lead spacing. For some reason (perhaps someone can explain), NJR has the same package but with a different name (DMP).

I guess I can now cll off the dogs!

Sure they aren't at your heels? :-) :-) :-)

Go drink your coffee...

- Jack Brindle, WA4FIB