On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:05:27PM -0400, Yves Dussault wrote:
> Hi friends!
> Any of you using the K1 with an MP-1 antenna?
> I do not hear much with this antenna!
> Sometimes just nothing!!!!
> What do you use as a portable antenna with the K1?

I used an MP-1 with my K2 in the WPX contest from a hotel room in
Tourcoing, France (MP-1 inside the room next to the window).  I was able
to make many contacts as far away as Tunisia and UAE.  Tuning the coil
of the antenna can make quite a difference (I use the Tenna-Dipper from
<http://www.4sqrp.com>.

Bob, N7XY