G'day,

> Sounds like both K2's I have had. 38xx and 44xx. The output jumps all
over
> the place. My amp does not like it either. When I posted about it, the
> response I got was that is "normal".

If this is the often reported O/P power change then yes this is "normal",
however, it shouldn't be.  The problem is really only apparent when the
KPA100 is installed so QRP ops will not notice it. The cure is the change
in value of one resistor in the ALC loop.  I'm not near any documentation
so I can't tell you the resistor designation.  There is a test procedure
on the Elecraft web site to optimise the value but I believe in most case
just changing the value to 1k-1.2k ohms does the trick.  Just make sure
you have at least 10W output on 10 metres before you do it.

I'm surprised that at this stage of product maturity the problem still
exists in new kits.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO