Good grief, guys. Paul has the solution already. A G5RV is simply a dipole with some magic consisting of a combination of balanced and coax line which makes it look like 50 ohms on certain frequencies.

But Paul has a really nice balanced tuner. Now if it were me, I would eliminate the coax, extending the open-wire feed down to the balanced tuner. Now he will be able to tune the antenna for any frequency he wants. Open wire or ladder line has far less loss than coax, and because of this SWR really doesn't matter. In this case it is the SWR between the tuner and the radio that needs to be matched, since
that is where the lossy line is.

Paul, it looks like you have the solution at hand, it allows you to maintain your impecunious image and get the operating capabilities you desire.