FSK may be easier to do technically, but what's the point if you can't make any contacts?

I think it needs to do PSK. There isn't enough MFSK activity. And the trouble with RTTY is, weak QRP signals aren't as copyable as MFSK and PSK signals, and just to compound it, many of those who operate RTTY use high power so you can hear them but they can't hear you, and your little signal will get swamped by their big ones.

Only PSK has the high enough activity levels to guarantee that, if the band's open, there will be some activity, and you have a good chance of actually working the people you hear.
--
Julian, G4ILO (RSGB, ARRL)
G4ILO's Shack: http://www.tech-pro.net/g4ilo

Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would like to see MFSK rather than RTTY. I think a PIC-based decoder for MFSK, or a Pocket PC or Palm one, would certainly be within the CPU bounds.