I picked up a small bedside LCD atomic alarm clock with Indigo style lighting
about 2 years ago at WalMart for about $10-15. It is silver with black and runs
off a single AA battery. I am able to adjust it for UTC, but I must readjust it
with each time change. I think it was made by Oregon Scientific.

Here's one just like it for $17.
http://donrowe.com/oregon_scientific/rm103a.html

When I figured out the model number, I used google.com and froogled for RM103A.
I found this same model for $13.
http://www.buyreliant.com/oregon/rm103a.htm

The RM103A lets me set it to 24 hour mode.

Here's another one I stumbled upon for $8 - although I can't vouch as to
whether or not it will allow for UTC time.
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CES10290.html

To keep this post On-Topic ... I find that the RM103A clock fits fairly nicely
next to my portable digital thermometer, MH2 mike, and Palm-key when I pack my
K2 in its aluminum tool case.

- Daniel / AA0NI