A high wattage soldering iron stand could probably be pressed into use to
store a hot Hakko 808. We had a USA manufactured item (possibly American
Beauty)
 at the place of work that would allow it to store an 808 on it's side. Now
retired and with no access to anything remotely similar I have to lay my  808
sideways in a clear area of the bench. Not a wise move  really.

Whilst the 808 topic is running, are there any recommendations on
spares/consumables to hold for the Hakko 808 from more experienced contributors
 to the
list?

I am a more recent convert to the 808 and have only a limited supply of
consumable spares that came with the Hakko 808-19 kit purchased in the USA.
Spares are rather more difficult to obtain in Europe since the Hakko 808 was
withdrawn from sale after changes to our now mandatory electrical goods
approval
marking was introduced. The agent for Hakko in the UK still holds spares for
the  808, but there may be a problem with small orders with minimum invoice
values for many companies.

The original nozzle/tip and the cleaning tool supplied with the 808 is 1mm
(0.04in). Is this the optimum size for our normal usage?

Bob, G3VVT