I am about to order a KAT100 (and the little tilt bail
that goes with it, which I wish the KAT100 picture
showed more clearly).

While I am placing the order, I was also thinking
about getting a new set of motion-matched crystals for
my K2 and SSB board.  The ones I have are originals
from the early kit, circa November 1999.

I ask myself "Why?" since the radio works great now.
Would it make an improvement?  If so, what?  Reduced
blow-by?  Better skirts?  Smaller passband ripple?

Or, maybe new crystals will help me keep some of the
hair that is jumping off my head the past few years,
or turn dark the ones that stay and go white.  Who
knows.

On TX, I already sound like FM (that's 'frequency
modulation').  The K2 SSB envelope is as good as even
the best phase-method systems (except maybe for a
smidgen of unwanted-sideband suppression) and I'm very
picky about this sort of thing.  How would/could
changing crystals on the SSB board improve what is
already very, very good?

Just looking to save a buck or two on shipping, if I
will get a measurable improvement in the RX.  TX would
be gravy.

Opinions and/or facts welcomed.  If you think a
crystal swap-out won't do that much for me, I can skip
it and spend the $25 or so on something else.

Also: cabinet parts are not on the price list.  My
left-side panel has a tiny bit of road rash on the
paint.  I don't think I can make it look any less
noticeable with touch-up paint; in fact, I tend to
think I'd make it look _worse_ plus the paint is $10
and a panel shouldn't be even that much.  So I'd like
to buy just a replacement side panel, if it's sold
that way.  Anybody know?  Or maybe someone has an EC2
left side panel they would like to sell me?