Hi Howard.

> I am looking for software (preferably Linux, open source) to model electronic
> circuitry.  My primary interest is educational.  I want to use the software
> to design and investigate circuits to better understand how they work.  I may
> do a little design, as well.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Yes.  How about ng-spice (Next Generation SPICE)?

       http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/

It's still a work-in-progress, but I've been able to get some
meaningful simulations out of it under Linux.

I have also found the following guides:

       http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/electricCircuits/Ref/REF_7.html

       http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Electronics2/userguide/sec4.html

very useful in running SPICE and in creating SPICE circuit files.

73, de John, KD2BD

=====
Visit John on the Web at:

        http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/