  Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:09:23 -0800
  From: Steve Hostetler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
  Subject: [Elecraft] K6XX/N0SS Tuning Indicator in K1
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  I've had Tom's SMD version in my K2 for a couple weeks and
  it works great.  I just finished testing one in my K1.  It
  also works great, and may be more useful to me than the one
  in the K2.  All connections to the indicator are easily
  picked off J1 (AF from P1, GND from P3 and 12V from P16).

  I'm going to mount an SMD LED behind a 1/16 inch hole in the
  front panel.

  Thanks to Bob and Tom.

  Steve, kx7r

It appears that the easiest place to actually pick off the connections might be from the MAIN BOARD, instead of the FP BOARD, but I'm still cogitating on this,

Will post something a little more solid soon... as soon as I can 'plunk' one into my K1 for testing.

Above, Steve states that he picked his AF input from J1-1, but in further discussion, I think he actually used J1-2 (the high side of the AFin pot. You might try both and see which you prefer. In fact, you might use J1-1 for alignment and J1-2 for the final (in use) installation, as J1-1 appears to provide a SIDETONE input for alignment, while J1-2 might not provide quite as high a level of SIDETONE during normal operation, which I think might be wise.

73,

Tom   N0SS