Phil,

I don't understand what needs to be modified - it is plug and play if you are wired for an Elecraft mic already.

Those jumpers and the resistor are supplied with every Elecraft mic including the on-sale MD2 - just in case they are needed.

What is necessary is that the mic configuration header and mic jack be wired for the 'Elecraft standard' - all header pins wired straight across and a 5.6k resistor on the mic jack between pins 1 and 6. That wiring will support any Elecraft mic that is currently available and I figure for any future mics to be introduced in the future.

You alway do have the choice of modifying the wiring at the mic plug if you want to retain the mic header configuration you have been using with other mics. My choice is to always use the Elecraft configuration (I do modify it a bit so I can use mics that do not want voltage supplied to the AF line).

73
Don W3FPR