Hi,

I use my K2/100 mostly mobile and love it. I work DX a couple of times a
week.  The only one issue I don't like is the side tone volume adjustment I
have to do all the time. My commute is part on the freeway and part through
the city. The noise level on the freeway is obviosly higher, a side tone
level of about 12 is needed. In the city, when I go about 30 or 40 miles an
hour, the level I like is about 4 or 5.  I have to adjust the level all the
time with the following drawbacks:

- adjustment cannot be done when transmitting
  (bad one, that's when I really want to change it)
- need to hold a button (PF1) and then turn the knob,
  I wish it would be simpler
- I adjust the AF gain anyway, but the side tone level is independent

Why is the side tone level not routed through the normal audio path so the
AF gain would change it too? Would that be something that would be possible
to change? Any other simpler suggestions?

73 and thanks,
Andy, KU7T