Hello elecrafters,
i am looking for a device to reduce/eliminate the noise of a 2m ssb-receiver.

What the circuit should do: Reduce (or eliminate) the noise of the rx
when no signal is present, like a squelch, but much faster.

It should be an analog device, not a dsp-device.
It should be external ( e.g. input from the receiverŽs headphone
jack).

Background: A friend of mine runs a transponder 144Mhz ssb -> 432Mhz
fm.
The fun with ssb input and fm output is that 2 or more persons
can have a conference like on the telephone. There is no
interference (whistles when 2 signals present) like on fm , because there is no
carrier in ssb.

We would like to eliminate or reduce the noise in the pauses.
I heard that musicians use a so called ŽnoisegateŽ, but could not find
any circuit on the web.

Any ideas anyone?
Lyle Johnson?

--