I would only do measurements using a dummy load that presents a
constant to the transmitter output..
Art  W6KY

Elliott Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I finally finished my K2 and installed the various accessory pieces. I had two
problems both solved with the reapplication of a soldering iron!!! It's a great
little radio and I enjoy breaking DX pile ups and rag chewing at the 5 watt
level.

I have a question regarding the power control. I can adjust the power in 0.1 w
increments per the manual. However for example, if I set the level at 5.0w the
resultant output is usually higher. Sometimes by almost a watt. Other times it
will be a little lower. I am using the ATU that is calibrated properly. From
band to band the same power isn't always the same with no adjustmnet to
control. Wonder if RF is getting in the ATU control circuitry or the feedback
path from the RF board?

Otherwise the radio is a joy to operate.

Happy New Year to all,

Elliott WA6TLA