I've always experienced low RF output on SSB from my K2/100 when using my Heil
ProSet Plus headset.

While building my KAT-100 I also upgraded from 1.02 to 1.09 firmware on the
KSB2 board.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!    Now I get full power output on all bands in SSB mode.
The sheet that comes with the 1.09 firmware only talks about the added vox
setting of 0.2 seconds.   Clearly other things have been done since 1.02.

I just mention this in case there are others out there running old firmware in
their KSB2's and are experiencing low RF output on SSB.

73 de Tom K2TA