Hello Chuck,

I also never saw much change on the DMM, but the L34 peak was close to the
top.  Later, I used the Spectrogram program.  The peak still didn't change
much, but the background noise spectrum does change.  Much of the high
frequency noise goes away as the slug is turned down, so I know that
the setting should not be too near the top.  I haven't figured out a
good way to center the band pass around the signal though, because the
audio from the low side of the IF filter bandwidth gets lost in the
low frequency audio cut off frequency.

>Second:  The IF Amplifier Alignment, outlines a procedure to tune
>the VFO to 7.000 MHz then with the L34 slug turned down 1 1/2 turns
>from the top of the can, adjust the L34 for signal peak.  I hear a
>tone at 6,998 MHz and the audible tone is pretty solid for a full one
>and half turns in either direction on the L34.  I hooked up a DMM to
>the headphone output and the voltage appears to peak at the top of
>the L34 can.  Comments?

73 de AB9GV