-----Original Message-----
>Agree with what you say, but I get a strong birdie at 28.276 without the
>KPA100 on. This one I think is LO + BFO ,   that is 23.361 + 4.915 =
28.276,
>nominal freqs. Being first order it is also strong. Other products + mLO
+/- nBFO also >converge here, but are not a problem in my K2.
---------------

I cannot really explain this one without a 18432 oscillator in the K2. As
far as I can see the sum above is equal to the VFO + IF, so in that case it
would be valid for any frequency in the 15, 12, and 10 m bands?

--------------------
>There is no spur at 28.262 MHz with the KPA100 on as its crystal frequency
is 16,289 MHz >(later build?). But that oscillator might be contributing to
the other spurs. I have yet to
>sit down and do a worst case analysis.
--------------------

The 16289 is the oscillator frequency of the first run of KPA100's which was
later changed to 18432. The reason has been given as:

"The modification kit also includes an 18.432 MHz replacement crystal for
use at X1. A new frequency was chosen to improve rejection of spurious
products, although the KPA100 was in compliance at the original frequency."

Maybe this is concerned with spurious outputs from the transmitter? -and
probably someone on the list, beta-testers of the KPA100 perhaps, would
know?

16289, I believe is the oscillator frequency of the KIO2 and the KRC2 unless
they have been changed also.

73

Sverre
LA3ZA