On Mon, 2005-24-01 at 22:17 +1100, Mike Walkington wrote:
> Recently I noticed that having tuned in a relatively strong
> station on ANT 1 and switching to the 2nd antenna (ie by pressing
> ANT1/ANT2
> switch) that I could still hear the station even though there is no
> antenna
> connected to ANT2.

What happens if you then disconnect the antenna from ANT 1? It's
probably a long shot, but if a signal is strong enough, it is possible
to hear it with no antenna hooked up at all. I have observed this many
times. Sometimes just having the end of the coax near the rig's antenna
connector will allow me to receive a signal - sometimes I don't even
need that.

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR