From: "Gerhard Schwanz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 10:42 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA100 Problem still exists, but some new measurements

Hi there,

I'm still on page 43 in the process and I have now narrowed the problem
area. You remember, I measured a negative voltage of 0.15V on J3+.

Now: I removed Z1 and found the voltage measured at the collectors of Qs 1
and 2 to be -0.4V (J3+ is ok now). I don't know where it could come from.
Shorting the collectors to ground via 1k resistor it takes 3 seconds to
eliminate the voltage. I measure 0V. Removing the resistor it takes abt.
20 seconds for the voltage to go to -0.4V again.

T2-4,5 are ok. The base of the transistors are ok, 0V. The emitters also,
0V. The body of T2 also has -0.4V.

Any idea and testing procedures appreciated!

Kind regards

Gerhard Schwanz
DH3FAW
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]