On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:36:49 -0500, Dale Boresz wrote:

>So, in my opinion, the KDSP2 offers far more performance and
>versatility, and is worth the extra money.

I have the same experience as Dale, and the same rigs. My 746 (not a
pro) is loaded with Inrad filters for CW and SSB. My K2/100 has the
DSP module, and although I'm primarily a CW op, I used it on SSB in
a couple of contests to see what it would do. My 746 is used almost
exclusively on 6 and 2 meters (with outboard preamps), both CW and
SSB.

I LOVE the DSP in both radios. I use it both in narrowband audio
filter mode and as noise reduction, and I am very happy with both. I
have not used a K2 with a KAF2.

Jim Brown  K9YC