W3FPR - Don Wilhelm wrote:
If the tone pitch change is 20 Hz or less it is because of the quantizing
error in the K2 and nothing can be done about it.  The K2 firmware works to
preserve the pitch no matter where the filters are set as long as the signal
is anywhere within the filter passband.

Well, something CAN be done about it, if you don't mind changing the filter bandwidth slightly. For example, suppose that you have set a filter to 400 Hz bandwidth and located the BFO so that the signal is centered in the filter, and suppose that the result is that the pitch of the centered signal comes out 10 Hz. high. Just change the bandwidth to 420 (or 380) Hz., readjust the BFO and let the K2's magic algorithm do its work. Chances are it will come out on pitch. I have been able to adjust all of my filters so that there is no change in pitch when I cycle through them.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco