Jason: You've already gotten some good comments. Don is right to ask if you're getting problems with the dummy load. The fact that you are bouncing your tv around sounds like you've got a somewhat makeshift, and possibly unstable, antenna. That could be causing the problem. One thing that I don't believe was mentioned has to do with the HI CUR setting you've got. If you have it at the setting given in the manual (at least the earlier version of the manual I used with s/n 744), it is likely to be very conservative. You can raise it to 3.25 amps, and that may help. But don't do this until you get a decent antenna going.

best wishes,

dave belsley, w1euy