Geoffrey, as I recall from tests I've done in the past, it doesn't appear to be power related, and is not related to the KPA100. I'm not sure though if that completely rules out your suggestion?

BTW, the K2/100 is usually putting out about 50W when driving my tube linear, so is just ticking along.

Thanks / 73 Fraser G4BJM

From: "Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There is the possibility that a Rx /Tx switch in the signal path and using
diodes, is acting as a noise generator. The noise could be driving the QRO
stage as an independent source, or could be modulating the drive signal.
These otherwise excellent switches can generate noise, but usually very
little unless something goes 'ga ga'. Going from QRP to QRO could make such
noise 'a problem' especially if something is amiss ('ga ga'). Spectral
analysis should offer clues.