I am not sure what is is happening with this unit. My K2 [#4690] is at the stage where I am adding the KI02.. Up to this point I have only had one "gremlin".. While going thru the filters last week, the radio locked up on 40M ..all other bands were OK, but on 40 the freq was locked. I posted here and was advised that I shoud do a hard reset, which I did and which made every thing right again

On Thursday, I finished the Ki02 and went thru the tests.. Would not communicate with the K2..after about 6 hrs of checking every joint etc. I discover that the L3 [100 uh rfc] was open.. I replaced ti and ..wow every thing worked..The K2 and the laptop talked like old friends.. Today I was ready to do the permanent install of the KI02 in the K2. I thought I should just recheck every thing, before I put it back together.. That wa s at 2PM today. Again they wouldn't talk to each other After cking soldering ..wiring .. and voltages for 3 hrs.. I found that the Voltage on PIN 1 of J2.wasnt there [ 5V].. Traced back to MCU on control board and found there was NO 5Von U6 [MCU PIN 25]..So I did a nother hard reset and all is well again.

Do I have a flaky MCU?.. A m I doing something flaky? Could this continue to be a problem?

I need some input.. Let me kow what you think. I dont think it is too good to be reseting the MCU all the time..

Doc K8RR.
.