While operating from BVI the little push-button Band/Speed switch on my KX-1
started acting flaky and would require several presses to function (and of
course since many functions are invoked by pressing two swtiches at once,
operation was very frustrating). I almost didn't make the 20 CW net cuz I had
so much trouble switching bands!

Anyway, I sent e-mail to Elecraft on Thursday and the replacement switch came
in Monday's mail - great service!!

But this is the second such switch that has failed on me (the other one was in
the Menu/Edit position). Omron B3F is the marking on the switch.

Has anyone else had troubles with these switches? I don't know if the K1 and/or
K2 use same switches. Or, am I doing something wrong, e.g., being too
heavy-handed pressing the switches (or changing bands too often ;-) ?)

73

Ray K2HYD  (KX-1 # 608).