Hi All,

Yesterday I finished assembling my KX1 SN 1069 and
everything works or so it seemed.

In testing the receiver it heard a signal on 40 meters
at .1 uV well and on 20 meters it was a bit less
sensitive at .2 uV.  As receivers go, not bad.

In testing the transmitter it too worked but here is
my problem.  With a 12 volt external power supply I am
only able to get 2.5 watts out on 40 and almost 2 on
20 meters. No, the power does not sag.

I am a hardware engineer so I am not new to circuitry
and this kind of device.  I did the usual rechecking
of my work, verified parts values (visually), solder
connections, toroids ETC. I inspected the PCB under a
microscope for good connections.

Before I jump in and tear it apart I am hoping one of
you have had this problem and direct me to the source
of trouble.

Other than low power the rig works OK and I might say
very well.

All help appreciated.

K4SV
Dave...