Yeah, I went the other way, from the 706MKIIG -> K2 and I thought the K2
was broken until I checked it with a signal generator. :)

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Brent Sutphin WB4X wrote:

I have had K2 #2571 from its birth about three years ago. (approx.) I have always enjoyed the rig. It has a fantastic RX as I'm sure anyone who has a K2 will attest. Anyway I decided I wanted a QRO rig and bought an IC-706MKIIG about a month ago. Installed the FL-100 CW filter and was ready for the DX. I took my K2 out of service to give the new 706 a try. I didn't like the RX from the start. The audio with the CW filter and or the DSP is just annoying. It was very noisy, like S9 noise level almost continually. The only way I could manage the noise was by turning on the attenuator. Then the radio was even more deaf than before. Fellows I gave the radio a real good try. I suffered with it for over a month. Tonight while listening on low end of 40 meters, with the usual S8-9 noise and hearing only a few strong signals, I thought why am I doing this to myself. I took the 706 out and put the K2 in the same spot. NO NOISE...just good clean signals. It's really unbelievable how quiet the K2 RX really is. One lesson learned, if you have a good thing stick with it. The other thing......the 706 has to go. I just wanted to share this with someone.

Brent  WB4X

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - [EMAIL PROTECTED]