Last night, without warning I had a strange problem with my recently built K2 (sn 4618) : When plugging in my headphones to the connector on the front panel, the K2 speaker was still activated, even though I did have normal sound from the phones too. Looking in the manual, it seems that there is a speaker deactivation switch within the phones female plug which has failed ?

Am I missing something ? Anyone with a similar problem ?
I suppose now I have to replace the plug...

73,
Marinos, ki4gin