In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dudley Chapman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Al,
   Here is an old trick taught to me by an Old Timer Navy CW operator.  One
of the drills he was taught for getting the rhythm of sending CW is to send
the phrase "Bens Best Bent Wire".  If sent like this, "BensBest Bent Wire",
it sounds like a military cadence.  I
Dudley - WA1X

We used to have something similar; I am ex RN although an engineer rather than an op. We used "Best Beef Essence" it has marvellous 'swing' to it especially when sent on a straight key!

Trev, G3ZYY
--
Trevor Day
UKSMG #217