Mike KT2E wrote:
no audio from internal speaker or from external speaker jack, only through
headphones.  I checked the archives and found that there have been problems
in the past and that apparently it comes back to some bad contacts in the
headphone jack.  So, should I just get Elecraft to send me another headphone
jack or should I check something else??

Reply: --------------------

If you get the speaker wires backwards this will happen too. One side of the
speaker wiring is grounded and reversing them grounds out the audio to the
speaker.

There have been issues with K2 headphone connectors, but I have no idea how
widespread it is. My K2 is 5 years old and the original headphone jack is FB
and I'm constantly plugging and unplugging phones in that jack.

One thing I *never* do with these little jacks is to plug in a large adapter
for a 1/4 inch phone plug, etc., so  the jack has to support it's weight. I
don't know if any others have done that, but I try to be gentle with the
miniature jacks.

Ron AC7AC