Hi.

I'm using a modern ANALOGUE multimeter to do the
resistance checks on my KX1.  I have performed the
visual
inspection and everything looks good;  There were no
problems during construction YET some of the
resistance
checks fail, and I'm wondering what it could be...

U3 pin 3 is < 5 ohms ... good.
But U3 pins 5, 6 and 7 are all around 2K.  They're
supposed to be >10k.

I checked the calibration with a 2.7k resistor and
pins 5, 6 & 7 to ground all come in below that
resistor
by around .7k.

Also, I get odd behaviour with D2/D3.

With switch S2 in one position, I get infinite
resistance for the banded end of D2 and D3 regardless
of the position of S1.

With switch S2 in the other position, I get 1.8k on
both D2 and D3 regardless of the position of S1.  One
of those is supposed to be >10k.

So something is wrong!

But I'm not sure what...