--- W3FPR - Don Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> LLoyd,
>
> The basic K2 power metering is an RF Probe type and
> is very dependent on the
> load - if it is anything other than 50 ohms pure
> resistance, the K2 power
> indication may be in error.  Even when driving a 50
> ohm non-reactive dummy
> load, an in-line wattmeter in the path may introduce
> some reactance and will
> cause the K2 to display the power incorrectly.

  OK...I'm tuning a balanced-fed loop through a ZM-2,
and get pretty close. Both the K2's wattmeter and the
WM-2 wattmeter, which is between the rig and the
tuner, are displaying the same power. Even if
something is causing the K2's display to be off, would
that also affect the WM-2's reading? Should the WM-2
be after the tuner? Would the K2 be more accurate with
the WM-2 gone? How would I know?

   LL/K3ESE