Gentlemen,
     I recently wrote if asking for help regarding an error message "ERR
BP2" which indicates a KBF3, General Coverage Option problem.   There was
nothing wrong with the K3; it was my fault entirely.   Not having used the
KBF3 in two months I forgot that it was in my case located in the sub
receiver and had inadvertently reconfigured the K3 to indicate it was in the
main receiver.   I then corrected the Configuration Menu but found that the
general coverage feature still did not work.   I ran several tests to prove
there was a problem with the KBPF3 and for some of these tests switched the
KBF3 in and out for before and after results.  Well this does not work
because I was not giving a five second plus power off period after each
change.    It appears that like many computers the K3 only recognizes
changes to its configuration at power on.

     This has been mentioned before on the reflector but my memory is
perhaps suffering from age - God I hope not the consequences are not nice.

                                          Maxima mea culpa Doug EI2CN