Hi,

Obviously, I'm not a P3 owner but maybe Santa might change that.  Last evening
I perused the manual.  This morning I was rambling through how it might be used
in conjunction with my K3.  Two questions came to mind that field testers and
perhaps others might like to comment on.

My favorite activity in amateur radio is RTTY contesting.  Elecraft pictures of
the P3 with the K3 shows it on the users right side of the radio.  My thinking
is it might be better on the left side as I use the mouse with my right hand
and operate the radio with my left when RTTY contesting.  It would seem the
point and click and other functions on the P3 would be better accessed with my
left hand than putting the radio on the right side and having to reach across
with my left or move my right hand from the mouse to access the functions.  I
realize the side is an operators choice (I think) but I'm wondering if anyone
has any meaningful experience or thoughts on the subject.

That leads me to my second thought.  My prior experience with a "bandscope" was
with a ProIII.  (It departed the shack several months ago.) To the best of my
ability with it there was no way I could discern separate RTTY signals in a
contest.  Does the P3 have enough resolution on the more narrow bandwidth
sweeps to discern separate signals in a contest or is just a big blurs as the
ProIII.  If separate signals are discernible in a contest is it possible to
point and click on one with the P3, and perhaps with the AFC in MMTTY enabled,
be able to near instantly work that signal?  I realize there are most likely a
lot of variables involved but the thought occurred to me the P3 might be able
to add a new dimension to RTTY contesting for me and perhaps others.

Perhaps I'm wishing for more than the P3 is capable of but constructive
thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

CU in the Colorado QSO Party Sept 4th, 2010.

73,  Jim, W0EM